Reinstall Joomla to Update

More
3 months 6 days ago #10036 by wallyhowe
Replied by wallyhowe on topic Reinstall Joomla to Update
Thank you Jose.
So what happens to all the settings previously set in the htaccess protection set of tabs? Presumably they will reflect the settings in the old htaccess?
(or am I being thick? Is that what you were meaning by updating htaccess by adding the code from over the years)
Wallyhowe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 months 6 days ago #10037 by Jose
Replied by Jose on topic Reinstall Joomla to Update
Hi Wallyhowe,

You can reuse all the parts of the old .htaccess but those that starts with the text "Header always...". This is, you can edit the old file and copy all the blocks with the text "#Begin Securitycheck Pro..." text and everything should work fine.

Once done, you should see the "green tick" in each section of Securitycheck Pro's .htaccess protection, except for the "HTTP Headers Protection" section:

This is the 'manual' approach, but you can also apply each option by selecting it and clicking the 'Save' and 'Apply' buttons.

Regards,
Jose

• Timeforsmilin
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
1 month 2 weeks ago #10106 by Timeforsmilin
Replied by Timeforsmilin on topic Reinstall Joomla to Update
Hi Jose,

I just noticed something on my newer website, that I had forgotten about from my older website.

At one point when you updated your software, you had moved the select column from the right side to the left. That column is available on the Integrity screen. On my newer website, that column is on the left, but on my older website, it's still on the right. Both sites are running Joomla 4.4.3, and the latest version of your software.

It makes me wonder about how well my original website has accepted updates over the years, which is why I started this thread.

Cheers,
Louis

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #10107 by Jose
Hi Louis,

There is an option to move the checkbox column to the right or left. You can find this option in the Global Configuration -> Tuning tab (checkbox position field). You probably used it in the newer site and forgot this option was available.

The update process runs smoothly if we, the developers, don't make any mistakes :)

Regards,
Jose

• Timeforsmilin
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
1 month 2 weeks ago #10108 by Timeforsmilin
Replied by Timeforsmilin on topic Reinstall Joomla to Update
Hi Jose!

Was I supposed to read the manual? ;-)

As always, thanks for your help!

Have you considered adding Google invisible captcha to your software. It seems logical to me, but might not be for execution.

Cheers,
Louis

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #10109 by Jose
You're welcome Louis!

Do you mean adding the captcha to protect my software or the site?

Regards,
Jose

Time to create page: 0.149 seconds